[meteorite-list] Thin Section, Polished or Lapped?

Impactika at aol.com Impactika at aol.com
Thu Jan 24 20:23:54 EST 2008

In a message dated 1/24/2008 5:58:19 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
Thetoprok at aol.com writes:
Hello List,

I want to have some thin  sections made. While  investigating I found that I
have a choice,  polished or lapped. Does anyone have  any input or advice as
which  is the more desirable for cross polar  viewing?
Any reputable thin  section makers to recommend?
Thanks.

Countin' Down and
Tucson  Bound!
Larry  Atkins

Hello Larry,

What exactly do you want made into  thin-sections?
I work with the best thin-section maker, and if you want we  can talk about
it in Tucson.
Bring the specimen(s) you want done with  you.

See you very soon.

Anne M.  Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com