[meteorite-list] NWA 4590 Plutonic Angrite Micrographs are posted Four magnification sets!

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Wed Jan 23 17:40:24 EST 2008

Hi List,  Paul has posted the micrographs  of NWA 4590, a Plutonic Angrite to
my Gallery hosted by Meteorite Times.
http://www.meteorite.com/meteorite-gallery/meteorites-class_frame.htm

There  are 4 sets of images in magnifications of 55, 80, 160 and 400.  All
were  taken in cross polarized light with the addition of a 1/4 wave retardation
 filter (to draw out more color).  They are color correct to what is viewed
in the microscope and not Photoshoped.

This thin section belongs to Jeff  Hodges.  You should take the time to check
it out.  Jeff had this thin  made for him and it was polished to 1/4 micron
on both sides.  It is a  polished (uncovered) thin section and is about the
highest quality I have ever  worked with.  What a pleasure on the scope (Who
needs TV?).

Let me  know what you think!

Tom Phillips