[meteorite-list] Meteorite-list Digest, Vol 51, Issue 34

Gary K. Foote gary at webbers.com
Thu Jan 17 12:30:48 EST 2008

Hi Tom,

I dig it for it's unusual characteristics.  Unclassified or not it is a thing of beauty and having a
name wouldn't enhance that for me.  It's unknown nature and subsequent mystery is a great
part of its charm.  Would I cut it for classification?  Never.  Would I polish the back face?  Not
likely as that would destroy the rollover crust.  I think it will remain as it is - under glass on my
display shelf - for as long as I live.

I neglected to place a scale cube with the pics, but to give a rough idea, the 'giant chondrule'
is a bit over 1/2cm across.  The specimen weighs 64.6g.

Gary