[meteorite-list] 10 Reasons Why Everyone Should Own A Meteorite!

AL Mitterling almitt at kconline.com
Mon Jan 7 21:13:01 EST 2008

Hi Ruben and all,

I'd say that Anne has hit it on the head pretty good, list arguments and
some of the other negativity that sometimes rears it's ugly head here.
It is also the reason we have lost a lot of good people who were once
interested in meteorites. It is why we don't have school kids coming
here to ask questions and so forth. Some of the the people creating this
non-sense, dealers and so forth are their own worst enemies by chasing
people away by their actions and from this wonderful hobby.

There use to be less women interested in astronomy when I was first
interested but it seem time are changing (for the better) and you see
more and more women at astronomy club meetings and participating in
observing these days. I suspect as time goes on
we'll see more women participating in the hobby.

--AL Mitterling

Impactika at aol.com wrote:

Because we don't participate in the arguments on the List, or go meteorite
hunting, does not mean we are not interested.