[meteorite-list] Al Haggounia 001 NWA 2965 and NWA 2828 NAU new information page Check it out!

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Wed Feb 27 21:00:04 EST 2008

Hi list,  Al Haggounia 001 NWA 2965 and NWA  2828, EL7, Aubrite, EL3!   This
has been an interesting meteorite from  the start.  A rare Enstatite and lots
of unanswered questions.  Then,  on top of that, it turns out to be a huge
find!

NAU (Northern Arizona  University) has written a paper and put it on their
site.

http://www4.nau.edu/meteorite/index.html

The paper is titled "The Al Haggounia "Fossil or Paleo" Meteorite  Problem".

If you have even a passing interest in this meteorite, check  out this paper.
 They address the many questions with photos and analysis  of the material
types.  And yes there is a photo of a slice with both the  "Blue and Brown"
phase material.  There are even some SEM color  micrographs!!!

I can't imagine a more complete explanation.  I  emailed a "Thank you" to Ted
Bunch who (I am sure) worked hard on  this.

The direct link to the paper is
http://www4.nau.edu/meteorite/Meteorite/Al_Haggounia.html

I would love to  hear what others think.

Tom Phillips

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)