[meteorite-list] What doesn't this list use an online forum format?

David & Kitt Deyarmin bobadebt at ec.rr.com
Thu Feb 21 14:56:06 EST 2008

I'm not trying to stir up trouble or incite arguments I'm just curious.

Email lists are by today's standard an antiquated venue for discussing any
hobby.

They have many limitations and can be taxing on your email inbox, which is
why I receive the Dailey Digest. I delete them and do all of my reading from
the archives.

Online forums are easier to use and the posted info is easier to track.

Plus it's easy to ignore topics that you're not interested in without having
to pick through a bunch of emails.

However, I would like to understand why so many of the members here prefer
not to use forums.

I want to make it clear that I'm not trying stir up trouble, I'm just trying
to understand the aversion most of this list has to using a forum.