[meteorite-list] meteorites and eclipses

Adam Hupe raremeteorites at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 23:15:08 EST 2008

Hi List,

I did something odd this evening, don't ask me why. I
recalled that a part end cut of NWA 5000 had an
ablation hole in it.  I took the piece and watched the
full lunar eclipse through it.  What an experience,
looking at the Moon through a piece of the Moon and an
eclipse to top it off.  This is an experience I will
not soon forget.

Mike, it is funny that you would mention NWA 482 and a
full lunar eclipse.  I was thinking about that
earlier.  It is interesting that you did not even know
it was lunar when you purchased it during the the
eclipse. I guess NWA 482 was destined for greatness
from the second it was purchased.  Another first, a
lunar meteorite purchased during a lunar eclipse.

Best Regards,

Adam