[meteorite-list] Micrographs Mount Tazerait 760X!!! Tom Phillips

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Thu Feb 7 10:57:30 EST 2008

Hi list,  While every one is in Tucson  looking at the biggest meteorites why
not look at some real close up.

I  just finished a batch of micrographs of Mount Tazerait L5.  A fall of 1991
 in Niger.

This particular slide (Provided by Jeff Hodges) has a large  inclusion and I
have some colorful weird shots taken in Xpol at 760X.  This  post is not to
start a discussion of what it might be, etc.  But rather, to  share some real
cool mind bending pictures.

Just email me and I  will send them imbedded in the email.  If you can use a
full pixel file,  email me back on which ones and I will send an attachment of
the requested  files.

These shots will be posted to my Micrograph Gallery hosted by  Meteorite
Times.  Paul Harris is putting in a lot of work bringing  Meteorite Times to us
every month and he has put a huge effort in setting up and  maintaining/hosting
my gallery with over 1,000 images.
http://www.meteorite.com/meteorite-gallery/

My post today is in hopes  that some of you will check it out and tell Paul
(He will be in Tucson) that his  efforts are noticed and appreciated.  If I had
to do all that "hacker  crap", no one would see my shots!

So, email me for the new Mount Tazerait  shots as they are not yet on the
Gallery.

Thanks,  Tom

48)