[meteorite-list] AD- Hammer Meteorites Vehicle & House

Bob Evans bobe5531 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 1 22:19:51 EST 2008

Hello List,

Well looks like the lucky ones are in Tucson already and the rest of us are
stuck at home. 20 degrees and one foot of snow here. I could sure use some
AZ sunshine.
While the major dealers are busy in Tucson they have no time to put anything
exciting on ebay.
So, I have a couple of Hammer Specimens up for sale there. I have a fragment
that smashed through a roof and a kitchen floor and settled in the basement.
Imagine that happening to you? When I met with Phil Jones he entertained me
by telling me how his grandchildren thought that a animal had smashed
through their roof and kitchen floor and landed in their basement. You see
he said " The meteorite had fiberglass insulation stuck to it and the
children thought that it was some animal when they seen it on the floor in
the dark basement " Can you imagine that ? Its midnight and something
smashes through your roof and lands in your basement. What would you think
it was ? A meteorite? not likely.
Meeting with Phil was a rewarding and very profitable experience. He sold me
all the fragments that he had swept up from the kitchen and the basement.

The other hammer that I have up for auction is from a stone that hit a
towtruck less than 2 blocks from Winslow St. in Park Forest. I bought the
whole stone except for 2 fragments that the owner kept for his
grandchildren. This meteorite struck the step and put a dent in the
driverside door. If you collect rare meteorites that have hit vehicles this
is one that you should have. I have only sold one piece of this and that was
in 2006. So only 2 people own any of this meteorite. If you win you will be
the third.

Link for the auctions:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmaccers531

Thanks for your time,