[meteorite-list] Fun questions, or public FAQs

JoshuaTreeMuseum joshuatreemuseum at embarqmail.com
Wed Dec 31 12:43:12 EST 2008

Hello and Happy New Year to Al, Mark, and the List:

A related question I get a lot is when people see meteorite spheres, they
always want to know if they fell that way and how can meteorites be
perfectly round.  People also are confused about meteors from comets and
meteors from the asteroid belt.  They always want to know how many stones
make it to Earth from the meteor showers.  People also comment a lot about
how hot meteorites must be when they make it to Earth.  They're shocked when
I tell them they are more likely to be cold.

Phil Whitmer