[meteorite-list] iridium flares?

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat Dec 13 17:03:01 EST 2008

Flares brighter than mag -4 are readily visible in daylight (just like Venus
is). It's a challenge to see them only because you need to be looking in the
right place (usually without much in the way of reference) and you need your
eyes to be properly focuses. But 10-15 seconds is too long for an Iridium
flare, and even if it lasted that long, you'd see noticeable movement over
that time.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory