[meteorite-list] Meteorites, Elements and The Periodic Table

m42protosun at aol.com m42protosun at aol.com
Thu Dec 4 20:00:26 EST 2008

Hi list and Bill,
all matter of our solar system is produced from stars of the 1st and
2nd generation. Elements higher than Fe (iron) were produced by
spallation.
Therfore in the beginning (4,6 Byrs ago) the cloud from which our solar
sysem was built up was homogenous, comtaining all elements of the PS as
we know it tuday.
Even the elements Pu+Np, Tc, Pm were abundant. Lot of radioactive
isotopes of the elements were abundant, like 26Al.
Depending of their short half-life the are today absent. But the stable
daughter elemental isotopes are abundant. In CAIs of meteorites is an
excess of 26Mg.
Thats it.
Uwe