[meteorite-list] My Annual Meteorite Sphere Collection Update

David & Kitt Deyarmin bobadebt at ec.rr.com
Tue Aug 12 18:41:52 EDT 2008

I am very proud to report that I was able to add 8 spheres to my collection
this year :)

When I started this collection in May of 2006 I never dreamed I would own
many of the specimens I have.  I could have collected slices or end cuts
which is what most people focus on but I decided to collect spheres, more
specifically, 50mm spheres. At first, this condition seem to make it very
difficult to add new specimens to my shelf. Now, here it is 2 years later
and I have most of the specimens I never thought I would have such as the
Brahin, Toluca, Dronino, Canyon Diablo Graphite Nodule and the Libyan Glass.
Plus I have many specimens I never even considered such as the NWA 791,
Nininger Brick and Uruacu.

I realize that I was extremely fortunate this year but I don't have high
expectations for the coming year, I think I'll be lucky to add 2-3 new
spheres to my
collection.

You can check out my collection at:
http://home.ec.rr.com/bobadebt/50mil.htm

Here is a picture of the whole collection

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/BobaDebt/Meteorites/Spheres/Collection08May.jpg

TOP ROW - Seymchan / Campo / Gibeon / Brahin / Toluca / Uruacu / Dronino

CENTER ROW - NWA 2828 / NWA 869 / NWA 791 / Dinosaur Bone / Gao / Dhofar
1289

BOTTOM ROW - Libyan Glass / Guang Dong Tektite / Canyon Diablo Graphite
Nodule / Black Onaping / Nininger Museum Wall Brick