[meteorite-list] Chondrule close up!

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Fri Apr 18 00:04:53 EDT 2008

Hi chondrule fan list members,  I wanted to share some micrographs of  a
chondrule.  The material is no big deal.  (It is pending but it  looks like it
will be L4/5.)

A chondrule?  You have got to see these  shots.  They were taken in incident
(reflected) cross polarized light  which, unlike transmitted Xpol, is true
color.  Just what it looks like up  close.  My first love in meteorite microscope
examination!

No thin  section, just a hand sample polished to 1/4 micron.

I have 5 images that  I can put in an email (nothing to down load).

If you like chondrules, you  will want to see this one.

I have done this before and I am up to nothing.  I am not harvesting  email
addresses!  It may be some time before classification is complete and  I won't
post images to the Gallery until it is named.   Some of you  have received
email image files from me before, perhaps you could let the others  know I am
just sharing some cool shots and nothing more!

Tom  Phillips,  starsinthedirt

listings at AOL Autos.