[meteorite-list] Tom Phillips Art

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Tue Apr 15 12:22:34 EDT 2008

Hi Mike,  Thanks for the nice words!   It is cool to have people appreciate
the images for the beauty as well as the  scientific interest.

I have been Joneszing  for a certain Jenoptik  microscope camera for quite
some time.  It is 12.5mp but at $10K, I'll just  hope a used one pops up on
eBay.

I have loved the print  quality up to 8X10 with my current setup.  I have not
seen any  bigger.  If some one has purchased a Cafepress large print please
let us  all know what you thought about the print quality.

Paul (Meteorite Times)  put in a lot of work setting up the Cafepress store
and it is not about the  money.  The mark up we put in to it is minimal (just
enough to cover the  expenses associated with it, and in actuality it hasn't
even been as much as the  shipping/insurance costs associated with borrowing the
thin sections).

Anyway,  I highly recommend the coffee mugs.  The print on  them is fantastic
and it is a quality mug that I enjoy.  They have  withstood many dishwasher
trips with no fading.

I prepared these  images for Adam Hupe and Dr. Irving and have encouraged
Adam to use them in any  way he likes to promote NWA 5000.

It is a big gamble to send  a valuable and delicate thin section to some guy
who wants to take pictures of  it!  I hope my images lived up to the
expectations.

Tom  Phillips

In a message dated 4/15/2008 10:40:33 A.M. Central Daylight  Time,