[meteorite-list] Microscope manual German translation question.

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Mon Apr 14 21:47:41 EDT 2008

Hi list, I apologize for a way off topic  post.  This is intended for only
those members who are microscope  users.

I need help in computer file (German to English) language  translation.  I
don't even know if it is possible.

I am an  aus Jena fan and have several of there microscopes.  Some are the
hard to  find ones like the Amplival Interphako.  I have looked for a very long
time  to find operator manuals and it has not been easy.  Recently I obtained
a  computer disk with many aus Jena models included.  Unfortunately, they are
PDF files and they are in German.

This is way beyond me but I read that  PDF files could be translated to word
documents with the right software and then  perhaps a language translating
program could be used.  The volume of text  would be too overwhelming to attempt
a manual translation.

If some one  could do this and could use the files, I would send a CD out and
you could send  the translated copy back.  It would give you a chance of
getting some very  hard to find manuals

I also have an assortment of Zeiss and Leitz Manuals  on disk (in English) I
will put them on the disk as well.  This set would  be MUCH more than what is
often offered on eBay and perhaps your only chance to  get these.

Not first come, first served but any one who wants to  give it a go (and
thinks they can) email me and I will send a CD.  We can  each pay shipping one
direction.

Thanks!  And list members, thanks  for your indulgence.  I use this stuff for
meteorite micrographs.   Check out my Gallery on Meteorite Times.
http://www.meteorite.com/meteorite-gallery/

Tom Phillips

Finance.      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)