[meteorite-list] NWA 4925 Martian

Dave Harris entropydave at ntlworld.com
Sat Apr 12 06:50:27 EDT 2008

Hi Folks,
Well, Mr Postman has just called and delivered unto me my fantastic 1.234g
absolutely perfectly prepared slice of NWA 4925, the new Shergottite from
Martin and Stefan.
I don't, if ever, rave about my new additions to my collection but this has
to be "bigged up" as we say in our 'hood (sorry something's must have come
over me....excitement I think!)

This is a most beautiful meteorite indeed - apart from the fact that it is
the largest of any of the Martians or Lunars in my collection, a veritable
paving slab indeed, the colourings within this rock is a sight to behold!
As much as I love Zagami, it is relatively featureless to look at, but this
new NWA is a kaleidoscope!

Polished to perfection, this will take pride of place in my collection.  I
really can only start to appreciate the efforts required by ALL of you
meteorite finders and the fact that due to your efforts, li'l ol' me can
actually have a piece of the planet Mars in my lounge!

It can sometimes take a piece of rock like this to make one stand back and
TRULY appreciate what it ACTUALLY is...I can physically hold a piece of rock
from another World.  I know I am stating the obvious, but I am a little over
excited! No matter how long I have been collecting space rocks, sometimes it
takes a piece of this rarity to know that it is a tribute to all of you hard
working folks who find this material, analyse it, learn from it and that I
can have the privelege of owning a piece of Mars, for real!

Yep, I'm raving I know that but dammit! I'm really excited! I look forward
to doing school talks and wielding this piece and talking them through it.

So, if you do not have any of this particular NWA - then get onto Martin
Altmann or Stefan Ralew NOW and buy some!  Look at the prices! Would you
have ever believed that one could get a Martian specimen for less than $1000
per gram?!!

Martin & Stefan - I truly truly appreciate the specimen more than you will
ever know.

I am blown away.

I am going to sign off now - I need a lie-down with my Martian!

Best regards,

Dave
IMCA #0092
Sec. BIMS