[meteorite-list] Atmospheric ablation marks on Tektites?

Impactika at aol.com Impactika at aol.com
Fri Apr 4 23:09:52 EDT 2008

Hello Mike and List,

There is some  confusion here.
Libyan Desert Glass is an impact glass, not a tektite.
It  is 20-30 millions years old, has gone thru many changes in climate and
conditions in their corner of the Sahara. But in the last few thousands of
years, it has mostly been shaped/ablated/sculpted by zillions of sand storms.
More like Ventrifacts really
Does that help?

Anne M.  Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com
Vice-President of  IMCA
www.IMCA.cc

In  a message dated 4/4/2008 8:37:13 PM Mountain Daylight Time,