[meteorite-list] vesicular inclusions in chondrites

Phil Morgan pkmorgan at ctcweb.net
Sun Sep 30 22:56:55 EDT 2007

Hello everyone,
I noticed some very small dark inclusions in an unclassified chondrite that
appear to have vesicles.  The look like tiny lava rocks to me.  Am I crazy?
Anybody have an references where something similar may be described?

My pictures aren't great but will hopefully suffice to illustrate what I'm
talking about.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/pkmorgan/vesicles/vesicle1.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/pkmorgan/vesicles/vesicle2.jpg

And here is another odd, heavily armored, inclusion.  It looks black to the
naked eye, but there is some very intricate detail.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/pkmorgan/vesicles/whatsit3.jpg

Any comments are appreciated - always looking to learn.

Thanks and Regards,
Phil