[meteorite-list] Andi's Recrystallized NWA iron

Impactika at aol.com Impactika at aol.com
Mon Sep 24 18:13:05 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/24/2007 4:03:43 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
bernd.pauli at paulinet.de writes:
Andi wrote:

"Mike Bandli, the slice is  on hold for you"

Hello Andi, Mike and List,

Those interested in an  iron that will be extremely difficult to classify
had better hurry because  Andi is almost sold out. I am pleased I will
soon own #17 and I've been  brooding tonight over Andi's pics and Ted
Bunch's preliminary description of  that one-of-a-kind iron, its carbon
rosettes, its granular kamacite, its  iron, nickel, cobalt, phosphorus and
Si contents.

I went through  numerous Vagn Buchwald pages reading about and looking at
several pics of IIF  irons trying to figure out what this new iron might be.
I re-read information  about La Caille, but, ... nothing comes really close
to what this weird iron  looks like. Can hardly wait to look at it under my
microscope and am eagerly  waiting for final classification results from
Ted Bunch and other  labs!

This iron is so weird that even Ted Bunch is not sure yet whether  it should
be classified as a IAB, a IIF or a IIICD iron!

Best  wishes,

Bernd

Did you consider comparing it to Santa Fe?
That one too looks re-crystallized, and looks like no other iron!
Just a thought

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com