[meteorite-list] Holmes from Mars

Don Merchant dmerchan at rochester.rr.com
Tue Oct 30 03:12:57 EDT 2007

According to Starry Night Pro 6 (with the comet updates of today) Comet
Holmes is aprox. 1.6249 AU. from Earth with an Apparent Magnitude of 2.61.
Now I was able to place my self on the surface of Mars (with the program of
course!) and Comet Holmes would be 1.1862 AU. from Mars with an Apparent
Magnitude of 1.93 Not a whole lot of difference as we see from Earth. I did
not see a tail till I magnified a bit. So I don't know if a tail can be seen
from Mars comparing to what we see from Earth at almost the same distance.
Don Merchant