[meteorite-list] Holmes [17P], continued

Mark Langenfeld mlangen at execpc.com
Sun Oct 28 00:13:04 EDT 2007

A much bigger object tonight than our last clear skies here two nights ago,
but a bit more diffuse and the yellow/orange color slightly less evident.
Still, it was a spectacular sight with a 32 mm eyepiece in my 8" SCT (62X),
with its distinctly stellar, point-like condensation in the center and the
bright, denser  area of the coma offset to the SSW still evident.  And it
remains an easy find for the naked eye.

What a remarkable object!  It will be fascinating to follow its changes day
by day.

Mark