[meteorite-list] 17P Holmes

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat Oct 27 03:01:12 EDT 2007

A collision is always a possibility, although the probability of that is
very small. But I think it can be largely ruled out in the case of 17P
since this isn't the first time it's done this- it was discovered during
a similar outburst. So it seems likely this is some poorly understood
feature of it's makeup.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory