[meteorite-list] Unbelievable article about Carancas.

ensoramanda ensoramanda at ntlworld.com
Sat Oct 20 06:07:48 EDT 2007

Interesting....sounds like complete paranoia now that everyone is out to
rob them of their treasure...and as a cosequense it may never see the
light of day.

Nice shot of the  9.8g piece I have sitting in my collection at the
moment though!!  :-)
Its amazing how photographs on the net get grabbed and used like this.

I am taking this piece to the labs at the PSSRI (Planetary an Space
Sciences Research Institute) for anaysis by Prof. Colin Pillinger
(remember the eccentric guy og Beagle II fame) and Dr R Greenwood (
Curation of PSSRI meteorite collection and classification of new
meteorites.) next week. The last trip I made there was during the Beagle
II project just before it disappeared. :-(

Should be an interesting trip. They have quite a set up there. Take a look.

http://pssri.open.ac.uk/facilities/index.htm

Graham Ensor