[meteorite-list] Help Needed by Tucson Police - Stolen(?) Campos

Notkin geoking at notkin.net
Wed Oct 17 20:25:11 EDT 2007

Dear Listees:

The Tucson Police Department has asked me to assist them with an
investigation, and I am posting this at the express request of a Tucson
city detective.

TPD is investigating two large Campo del Cielo irons here. TPD feels
these irons were acquired under suspicious circumstances and are likely
stolen. TPD believes they may have been taken from a storage facility
here in town, and may possibly belong to a dealer who sets up at the
Gem Show. TPD is very keen to discover the identity of the original
owner of these two irons. If any of you are missing a pair of large
Campos, or if you are aware of any recent thefts, please write to me
off-List ASAP. This is a time sensitive issue.

Also, any dealers who have Campos in storage in Tucson might want to
make arrangements to check their inventory.

Sincerely,

Geoff N.
www.aerolite.org