[meteorite-list] Carancas meteorite...glassy spheres.

ensoramanda ensoramanda at ntlworld.com
Sat Oct 6 19:12:56 EDT 2007

Hi,

In earlier discussions on the list it was discussed...I think!...that if
the Carancas meteorite was still ablating near to impact that there
would be evidence in the form of ablation material around the site.  The
dealer in Bolivia informed me that there were indeed small glassy
spheres around in the soil found by locals with magnets.  Unfortunately
he did not collect or record any.

Or could these be formed by heat on impact?

Anybody have any thoughts.

Mike, Moritz or Rob.  Did you come across any?

Graham Ensor