[meteorite-list] BO - Barred Olivine Chondrule: RFS Picture of the Day

bernd.pauli at paulinet.de bernd.pauli at paulinet.de
Tue Oct 2 12:36:52 EDT 2007

Hello again,

I just got mail from Marc Fries. Thank you, Marc! Very much
appreciated. Now, Marc prefers option #3 and so he writes:

"I was thinking option 3), myself. It only takes a thickness variation
 on the order of 100 nanometers or so to get that color gradient, and
 if it were chemical I'd expect a change in the rim vs. the interior rather
 than an uniform gradient across the chondrule."

Rather convincing! Why should the chemical composition within a single
BO chondrule change *gradually*... especially in view of the fact that the
bars are oriented identically!

Best wishes,

Bernd