[meteorite-list] MPC republishing restrictions

mexicodoug mexicodoug at aol.com
Fri Nov 16 18:03:51 EST 2007

Hi Ed,

OK if you believe that, but to me the logic is about as sound as the planned
dumping/disposal of the $1 million dollars cache of nearly century old Jack
Daniels whiskey just confiscated in Tennessee.  It is a total lack of common
sense.  Besides, it the IAU's responsibility to fund the MPC, and they get
help from Harvard (with the trillion dollar endowment) for their honorable
management.  Sheesh, no wonder it was so hard to publish the solution to
Poincare's Conjecture for three dimensions and good research is so hard to
come by on the Internet and vigorously copyrighted by groups like the IAU.
What ever happened to the days I could tell a scientist I was interested in
his research and he would mail me a bulk envelope filled with any and all of
his reprints worldwide free of charge in exchange for one's enthusiasm.
You'd think the Internet would have made this easier, not harder.   whimper
and out.

Best wishes,
Doug