[meteorite-list] NWA 4967 CO3.1 new in Polandmet AD

PolandMET marcin at polandmet.com
Fri Nov 16 17:06:32 EST 2007

Hi.
First snow this winter. Brrrrr its soo cold here and I have no heating in my
workshop, so cut/polishing anything become a real challenge.

Next meteorite in my offer.
NWA 4967
Carbonaceoud Chondrite CO3.1 S2/W1-2
TKW 687g

This specimen looks very funny from outside. Three pieces was glued together
by moroccans. One piece is completly black, and two other was brown so on
first look they not look like the same meteorite, but all three samples fit
together perfectly.
Inside meteorite is completly black with many very very tiny chondruls.
Chondruls are also very dark so on photos they are not visible.
Every slice is polished to mirror from one side and from another it was
polished on powder 1000 grid.

take a look
http://www.PolandMET.com

http://www.Meteoryty.pl             marcin(at)meteoryty.pl