[meteorite-list] A question about crust.

Darren Garrison cynapse at charter.net
Sun Nov 11 09:32:04 EST 2007

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 09:39:02 EST, you wrote:

>spot).  All the  descriptive terms of meteorites are being diluted to the
>point of becoming  meaningless on the one of the largest sales platforms of
>meteorites.

It isn't just meteorites, though-- it is anything that can turn a profit on Ebay
but can be sold by someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.
Another sample that is close to my interests-- a search for "flexicalymene"
gives 10 trilobites that really are species in the genus Flexicalymene-- and 30
that are not.  I'm sure that everyone else could come up with examples to misuse
(either intentionally or out of ignorance) from other areas of interest.