[meteorite-list] Looking for large Murchison

David Weir dgweir at earthlink.net
Sun May 27 17:26:27 EDT 2007

> Hello all
>
> I am in the market for a large piece of Murchison in the $40-50 per
> gram range. May be dreaming but figured I'd throw one out there.
>
> Rob Wesel http://www.nakhladogmeteorites.com

According to Kevin Kichinka's Pricing Guide, as of July 2005 the average
asking price of Murchison by 13 dealers was $90/g. As of February 2007,
8 dealers were selling it at an 11.4% increase, at $100.25/g. Kevin
admits to subjective decisions on his average price based on such things
as weight, cut, surface area, quality, crust, labels, etc., so maybe
$40-50 is reasonable for the right piece: i.e., a large fragment lacking
nice crust and with few other quality features. Good luck.

David