[meteorite-list] Greensburg Fundraiser Web Pages V.1 Ready

MeteorHntr at aol.com MeteorHntr at aol.com
Tue May 8 22:23:48 EDT 2007

Hey Guys,

9:02pm  Greensburg Time

Guess where Kelsey and  I am at?

We are at our home in Greensburg after Curfew!   There  might be only 4 of us
residents staying here in the midst of Marshall  Law.

Our neighbors 3 doors down have never left.  So that encouraged  us.   Kelsey
and I were driving around getting last minute still  photos (for her 4H
project) and we got pulled over by a cop.  We thought it  was because she was
standing up in her seat, head out of the sun roof taking  photos without her seat
belt on.

But it was because we had out of state  tags.  When they learned we were
residents, they told us that we needed to  be out of town before 7pm, UNLESS we
were staying all night.   In that  case they told us we had to be on our
property by 8pm and we would have to stay  their until 8am.

Kelsey and I looked at each other and smiled.

We  went by a charity booth, got a dozen bottles of water, some apples and
oranges  and headed home.

We were told that we would be arrested if we stepped off our property, so  we
are stuck here until 8 am.

I still had a half dozen cans of Bud Light  cans in the fridge, not that I
would need it because our squatter neighbors gave  me a bottle of wine to
celebrate our constitutional rights!

Our neighbors  have a generator, and their old rotary dial phone has worked
through it  all.

Miracles of miracles, Greensburg now has 4, count them 1, 2,  3, 4 bars on
the cell phone.  Maybe it is because FEMA headquarters are 2  blocks down the
road.

Great news: Bob and Florence Peck are in GREAT  Shape!  We saw them at their
home.  Now, HONESTLY "Miracle of Miracles  is that their home received only
minor damage, when everything around them is  wiped out.

My sister gave me a $20 bill, and asked me to give it  to a needy family.  So
I handed it to Bob, with the explanation of my  promise to my sister to give
it to someone.  He took it with the condition  that he would give it to
someone else that needed it a lot more than he  did.   Who am I to argue with him?
So I cheerfully  agreed.

I have a hundred stories to tell, and only 12 hours to tell  them.  LOL.

Anyway, anyone know how to start a blog?  Maybe I  should do it.

Kelsey and I are sitting out by the curb on card tables,  hoping to exchange
autographs with the great men and women patrolling the  neighborhood tonight.
We have police, sheriffs, National Guard and a whole host  of other people
crisscrossing the streets looking for looters.

As soon as  Kelsey's episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show is over, she will be
going to bed in  the dry half of the house.

Maybe I can post some photos Kelsey took  later.

Time for the second glass of wine...

More  later,

Steve Arnold

(Mark or Geoff, please repost this to the M-list if it didn't make it from
me.)