[meteorite-list] Tornado snatches 1, 000 pound pallasite meteorite

Darren Garrison cynapse at charter.net
Mon May 7 01:21:56 EDT 2007

On Sun, 06 May 2007 21:15:45 -0700, you wrote:

>this is really devastating.
>Poor people in Greensburg!

I heard on the news tonight that the residents had a 20 minute warning to seek
shelter.  If they didn't have an early warning system, or it happened a few
hours later while everyone was asleep, I think that there would have been a
thousand dead people and not around a dozen.  I'm shocked by how little loss of
life there was, seeing how total the destruction was.