[meteorite-list] Greensburg hit with tornado

MARK BOSTICK thebigcollector at msn.com
Sat May 5 00:45:30 EDT 2007

Greensburg, Kansas was hit with a tornado about an hour ago.  There is seven
miles of damage thrown around highway 54, around the downtown district.  The
hotal/diner is gone, the water tower is gone, the Big Well where the 1,000
lb. Brenham meteorite is/was located was hit....along with all the buildings
around it.  The main farming dealer lot was destroyed.  Basically everything
that was anything in Greensburg was hit.

I hope our Greensburg neighbors make it through the night, and that the
meteorite is intact.

This is pretty bad, glad I don't chase them anymore.

Mark