[meteorite-list] S.M.(a).R.T - Strong Meteorite (a) Related Topic - CK4

PolandMET marcin at polandmet.com
Wed May 2 16:03:55 EDT 2007

Hi
I have strange luck to find really strange things inside my meteorites.
Thats why I like to cut them as thin as I can :). Sometimes too thin.

Helping this list go back to meteorites, I will continue my
Strong Meteorite Related Topic serie. Sounds good.

This time I want show my new CK (3 or 4?) - MC036 - that I have received few
days ago.
I have cut it to get samples for type specimen and thin sections and when I
have start polishing them I was really surprized when I take next slice. It
was very loud "WOW".

As You can see, its CK chondrite, with normall not pretty dirty brown
chondrules in dirty brown matrix. Alittle boring view, but rare type. Much
different from pretty L3's. Anyway I have luck to cut here, just in half, a
big, pretty, complete, yelow, radiant chondrule.
I have not seen many CK or CV chondrites in my life in compare with rest of
the "old" dealers, but I must say that THIS one should not be here. This
chondrule just not fit to this CK matrix. This kind of chondrule I can
expect in L3 or H3 but in CK ? Its strange. This chondrule looks like it it
was lost in space and land on a wrong parent body :)

Anyone have any idea why this chondrule is here?

Chondrule size 4.5x3mm
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/mc036a.jpg
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/mc036b.jpg
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/mc036c.jpg