[meteorite-list] Disappointing meteorite purchases

Bill glixard at inbox.com
Tue Mar 27 05:37:52 EDT 2007

The subject says it all. I can't help myself though. One of my first purchases was a slice Of Vaca sent in a soft packet. It was crumbled into Bessey specks when it arrived. I immediately contacted the seller, a prominent met-list member and dealer, with a minor complaint that was totally ignored. I was pretty surprised that a person that was so seemingly well respected would ignore my complaint. As time went by and I learned more about the met-buddy dealer system I understood.

Has anyone else had a bad experience with renowned dealers? Small discrepencies preferred.

Bill