[meteorite-list] More on the BL Meteorite

tett tett at rogers.com
Mon Mar 26 20:59:15 EDT 2007

List,

Just received a nice slice of NWA1685.

>From a previous post I mentioned that I would be willing to send this slice
off for classification.  It can be seen here:
http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tett@rogers.com/album?.dir=/31e6re2  The
pictures with the 28.8 in the name.

Also shown is a thin section shot.  To the right is an area showing the
achondritic like clast material.  Very close to the thin section shot from
Jeff Kuyken's site.  http://www.meteorites.com.au/odds&ends/bl.html

Have got some interest from various list members eager to get this material
classified.  Even offers of help to fund this little project!

I would appreciate any leads on where to send this.  I am in no hurry and if
it takes many many months it does not matter.  Just hope I can find a good
institution that is willing to look at the piece.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike Tettenborn
Owen Sound, Ontario