[meteorite-list] Crystal "Looking" structure in crust. More new micrographs NWA 2371

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Sat Mar 24 12:55:56 EDT 2007

Hi list,  The list was talking about fusion  crust so I posted concerning a
crystal looking structure found in the crust of  NWA 2371.

This has sparked some interesting comments.  So much so, I  am cutting some
more, putting an extra careful 1/4 micron polish on it and  taking some better
shots.

Since I don't want to send emails with photos  embedded to those who do not
want, I'll just send to whom ever emails me.   I will have the new shots done
by this evening.

This looks like some kind  of crystal structure and although the entire crust
does not display this makeup,  a large area does.  Enough to exclude a small
contaminate adhered to the  side.

I will include any additional observations I can make when I send  the new
shots.

Thanks for all the interest.  Tom