[meteorite-list] Oakley Idaho Meteorite in Smithsonian

Jeremiah J. Burton tylosaurus at sisna.com
Wed Mar 21 13:17:08 EDT 2007

I was in the Smithsonian a few weeks ago, looking at their collection.  I
noticed a very large iron meteorite from Oakley Idaho, that was found in
1926.  Does anyone know how I can find more details on it?  Thats very close
to where my inlaws live.  Its mostly farm land, and every field, has a large
pile of rocks thats been plowed up.  I was thinking it might be fruitful to
serch those rock piles for more.  What do you guys thinks?

thanks

jeremiah burton