[meteorite-list] Forwarded AD - New Illinois Iron Meteorite?

Sterling K. Webb sterling_k_webb at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 19 00:30:51 EDT 2007

Hi, All,

Amazing resemblance to the Bloomington
Object, don't you think? Same unlikely
proportion of the three dimensions. Same
sharp "regmaglypts." And just enough time
to have worked up a reasonable facsimile.

The drill is the same. Measure its density.
Get it cut, etch a face. Get a bulk composition
analysis. Step by step...

Three irons in a row: the New Jersey Object,
Bloomington (Illinois) Object, Illinois (Illinois)
Object. Odd when you consider how rare
the fall of an Iron is.

I can't get the photos to show in their full
original size, so can't say much about crust.

Sterling K. Webb