[meteorite-list] CAI in Tagish Lake?

greg stanley stanleygregr at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 5 19:11:56 EST 2007

All:

  These photo's are really interesting and it got me thinking.
  What do the CAI’s look like up close?  Say perhaps a C-Chondrite was broken and the white CAI was exposed, would it look like glass?  Or would it be milky white?  Or can they vary?
  I have a small CV and I find the CAI’s very interesting (but they are very small) and I’ve also been reading about their formation a little.  They appear to be among the oldest rock or mineral formation known.

  If anyone can expand a bit on CAI’s.  That would be very interesting.

  Charles – thanks for the photos.

  Greg Stanley

Charles O'Dale <codale0806 at rogers.com> wrote:
          A CAI in a carbonaceous chondrite?