[meteorite-list] Not Proud of Tom

Impactika at aol.com Impactika at aol.com
Mon Mar 5 15:26:50 EST 2007

Hello again,

I am sorry to disagree with you again Michael, but I believe you missed the
point. This has nothing to do with anyone being able to take some ribbing
every  now and then.

Please read Howard (bencubbin) email again:  "Considering all the  positive
publicity generated by Steve Arnold and Geoff Notkin in promoting  meteorites,
what contribution will the resurrection of Proud Tom have?   Will it have a
positive or negative affect in the eyes of people who are taking  a new interest
in meteorites?"

Or as Tom puts it: "The list is in the best shape it's been in for some
time, so let's try to keep uplifting our members as we are presently doing with
those who are sick and hurting, and also endeavor to not be the cause of pain
or  mental anguish for any member."

The Meteorite Community as a whole needs all the positive publicity it can
get, anything negative must be avoided. And as you well know, anything
published  on the Net can and will become public eventually. As you said the meteorite
blog  was (is?) a sewer, and I entirely agree with you. But I find it
interesting that  you are the one who associated Proud Tom with the Blog!

So, let's not go there. As Chicago-Steve said "....may he rest in  piece".

Thank you Howard, Tom, Jerry, Dean, Dave, and all the others for your wise
comments.

Anne M. Black
_www.IMPACTIKA.com_ (http://www.IMPACTIKA.com)
_IMPACTIKA at aol.com_ (mailto:IMPACTIKA at aol.com)
President, I.M.C.A.  Inc.
_www.IMCA.cc_ (http://www.IMCA.cc)

In a message dated 3/5/2007 4:58:06 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,