[meteorite-list] AD Sikhote-Alin Partial Slices

David & Kitt Deyarmin bobadebt at ec.rr.com
Sat Mar 3 15:46:12 EST 2007

I have 4 very small slices of Sikhote-Alin available in the following gram
weights: 9gr, 8gr, 7gr & 3gr

These were created when I took a regular slice and cut it into a 50mm x 50mm
Square Slice for my collection.

I used these to test my etching technique before I worked on the slice for
my collection, so they are in various degrees of polish and etch.

>From what I have been told, SA is very difficult to cut so you do not see a
lot of it available as slices.

For my own experience it is hard to etch, when I received the slice it
looked like it barley had 2 separate bands but by the time I finished
working on it, it had 3 distinct bands and some nice inclusions.

I paid $3 per gram for the original slice and I would like to get that for
these 4 small slices.

If you are interested and would like to see a picture of the slices please
send an email to bobadebt at ec.rr.com

Thanks