Correction To “Geologists to Name 'New' Impact Crater in Montana after Havre Couple”

Paul bristolia at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 12 11:50:43 EDT 2007

In his post at:

http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2007-June/035598.html

Ron Baalke wrote:
" http://www.havredailynews.com/articles/2007/06/11/local_headlines/local.txt
Geologists to name "new" meteorite crater
after Havre couple by Annette Hayden, Havre
Daily News (Montana), June 11, 2007”

In my post at

http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2007-June/035660.html

I wrote

“Using information given in the article, I used Google
Earth to find the the location of the structure, which
it discusses. The latitude and longitude of this
structure is:

108.6729941879148 W
47.82294379843308 N”

It appears that I have have incorrectly located thsi feature. The
correct latitude and longitude for this feature appears to be:

47°50'32.84"N
108°35'43.84"W

Yours,

Paul

The URls of interest from the previous post
still remain:

1. Geology and Physiography of Fort Belknap at:
http://serc.carleton.edu/research_education/nativelands/ftbelknap/geology.html

2. "Geologic Map of the Zortman 30' x 60' Quadrangle,
Central Montana" at either: http://www.mbmg.mtech.edu/stmap.htm or
http://www.mbmg.mtech.edu/pdf_100k/zortman.pdf

3. Geologic Resources of Fort Belknap
http://www.eere.energy.gov/tribalenergy/guide/pdfs/fort_belknap.pdf