[meteorite-list] Arrow head found in box of Moroccan Meteorite fragments.

Darren Garrison cynapse at charter.net
Sat Jun 9 01:26:45 EDT 2007

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 00:35:14 EDT, you wrote:

>Hi List,  You all will think I am  nuts.  I was going through a box of small
>meteorite fragments sorting out  interesting pieces and attractive
>individuals.  It was out of 20 Kg. small  stuff, all unsorted and very dirty and I found
>an arrow head.  Nice shape.  About 1 inch total length.
>
>Are there any arrow heads found in the region  where meteorites would be
>shipped from Morocco?

I don't know for sure on that, but I did buy a few arrowheads supposed to be
from Morocco from an ebay meteorite dealer once (they were cheap, bought them on
impulse when I was buying some meteorites).  I'm no expert on arrowheads, but to
me they looked like the mass-produced modern crap that you can buy for 25 cents
each various places (probably all have encountered them at mineral shows).  Or I
could be wrong and they could be real.

I also have an NWA that looks almost like somebody tried to shape it into a
tool, but then again could just be broken that way (and with no way to know for
sure either way).