[meteorite-list] Fw: Rocks From Space Picture of the Day - July 18, 2007

Mike Fowler mqfowler at mac.com
Wed Jul 18 17:59:36 EDT 2007

> Hi " Spacerocksinc ", Anita and List:
>
> Nice meteorite, nice picture! However, the captation should read:
>
> Senhor , not Senór... and Fazenda, not Hacienda.
> In Brasil, they speak/write Portuguese, not Spanish.
>
> José Campos
> Portugal

Senor and Hacienda are Spanish words that have made it into the
English Language.  Since the caption was written in English, I don't
see a problem with the usage, However, not too many English speakers
would know what a Fazenda is!

Of course technically speaking you are correct, and they do speak
Portuguese in Brazil, although not the same Portuguese they speak in
Portugal.

Sincerely,

Mike Fowler
Chicago