[meteorite-list] Geoff's meteorite page on Wikipedia

Notkin geoking at notkin.net
Fri Jan 26 15:09:24 EST 2007

> Did anyone else notice Geoff Notkin's meteorite page on Wikipedia?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteorite

Dear Mark:

Thank you very much for the kind compliment, but I can only take a
small amount of credit for that. Much/most of the copy was provided by
other contributors. Not sure who all of them are, but the Wikipedia
entry on meteorites is certainly a group effort. I provided some photos
and other content, but most of the kudos for putting together this fine
resource must go to other Wikipedia authors.

Things are getting underway here in Tucson, and we are finally enjoying
some warm(er) weather. As Mike Farmer mentioned a few days ago, it has
been unusually chilly here, and I'd like to second his recommendation
that those of you heading this way bring at least one warm outfit. We
had a high of 62 degrees yesterday, but it had dropped to the low 40s
by dinner time.

The annual Meteor Mayhem Birthday Bash and Harvey Awards will take
place one week from tonight, Friday, Feb. 2. Details to follow. All are
welcome.

Best wishes,

Geoff

www.aerolite.org