[meteorite-list] Bidding on Screwbay

Bob Evans bobe5531 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 16 17:49:14 EST 2007

Ebays motive to keep bidders unanimous is to prevent scammers from
contacting losing bidders after an auction closes to offer them a second
chance to buy the piece. They claim that the winning bidder renigged on the
deal and now its yours to buy. Usually higher dollars amounts.
I can remember a few times I received emails from scammers claiming to be
Mike Farmer trying to get me to paypal them money to purchase a meteorite.
So eventually none of the bidders will be available to see. However you can
still access the bidders stats by placing the cursor over their designation.
I think it sucks cause you always like to know who you are up against in an
auction.

Bob