[meteorite-list] Stolen NWA 869

Darren Garrison cynapse at charter.net
Tue Jan 16 14:02:58 EST 2007

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 12:47:53 -0500, you wrote:

>I doubt if this will ever turn up, but someone has taken a very nice, small NWA 869 from
>my collection - right from my own home!  I never weighed it, but it is somewhere in the
>40-50 gram range.  Pics are here;

Surely there is only a small number of people who could have done it  (I doubt
that you have dozens of people going through your house) and a limited time
span, so that you could narrow it down?  You might not regain the meteorite, but
you don't need a "friend" like that.  But with a pice that small and in your on
home, are you sure that it just didn't get misplaced somewhere?  Have a pet that
could carry it off?