[meteorite-list] NWA 998 Nakhlite thin section Xpol micrographs by Tom Phillips

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Sun Jan 14 22:02:44 EST 2007

Hi list,

Yesterday I posted the list  about some NWA 482 Lunar micrographs.  A lot of
people emailed me,  Thanks!  I have my Gallery on Meteorite Times but before
we get the images  loaded up if any list members want to take a look just email
me and I will send  7 cool Martian Xpol shots in an email (as I can't just
send photos to the  list).  Please look at my Gallery, there are some
interesting  micrographs.  Most taken in high magnification incident light.  Those
don't look at all like the Xpol.

My Gallery on The Meteorite Exchange,  Inc.
http://www.meteorite.com/meteorite-gallery/

My Articles on  Meteorite-Times  Magazine
http://www.meteorite.com/meteorite-gallery/Micro_Visions.htm

The  micrographs I am sending out on this posting are of NWA 998 Martian
Nakhlite  taken in cross polarized light at a magnification of 160X.  Once again,
the  thin section is owned by Jim Strope (He has the coolest stuff,
http://www.catchafallingstar.com  ) and only on loan to me.  It's his  way of
supporting the arts.

Thanks, Tom